Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should I mention where I got my bachelors in resume for future jobs?

1670frank1670frank Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I'm a bit confused as to how I should handle my situation when it comes to the resume. I've searched all over the internet for answers but I can't find any so far. I graduated from UCLA with a bachelors in applied mathematics. However, I've decided to head into electrical engineering and will start graduate school in the fall. I will have to take a years worth of prerequisites unfortunately. My question is, should I mention that i got a degree in applied mathematics when applying for electrical engineering jobs if I have a masters? I will be going to a less prestigious university for my masters program and I'm a bit confused If adding that I went to UCLA in my resume would help me or not since my degree isn't in electrical engineering. Please help, I would really appreciate any suggestions of what I should do...

Replies to: Should I mention where I got my bachelors in resume for future jobs?

• ahsmuohahsmuoh Registered User Posts: 1,346 Senior Member
    Absolutely you should put your undergrad degree on your resume. Everyone does!
  • juilletjuillet Super Moderator Posts: 12,550 Super Moderator
    If you don't put your undergraduate degree on your resume, you would raise more questions than if you left it off. People tend to fill in the blanks with imaginings of the worst. Besides, it doesn't matter that you are going somewhere "less prestigious" than UCLA or that your undergrad is not in exactly the same field - first of all, it's related; and second of all, many people change careers.

So yes, put it on there.
This discussion has been closed.