Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Will I get into Environmental Engineering Graduate Programs

Mae2319Mae2319 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello all,

I'm currently entering my Junior year with an Institutional GPA of a 3.0 and plan to get it to at least a 3.2 at the end of next fall (graduating a semester early). Throughout my time in college I have changed my major three times. I came into my university as a Biology major with the intention of transferring to GTech for my sophomore year to do Biomedical Engineering. When Freshman year was completed I had a gpa of a 3.5 and decided to take summer classes to try to boost my gpa and changed my major to physics to look more competitive. During that time I was going through personal issues, and eventually it seeped into my academic life and caused me to get an Academic Dishonesty penalty dropping my gpa to a 3.2. Last semester I decided to scrape the idea of becoming a biomedical engineer all together and changed my Major to Neuroscience. I decided that since I've already taken upper level math and science courses (Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Cal I,II,II, physics,biology, Orgo) I shouldn't scrape the idea of being an engineer completely. So I did my research and stumbled upon Environmental Engineering. Basically my question is do I look like a good candidate for an Environmental Engineering program and if not how would I go about getting the qualifications. Also I currently have no research or internship experience but I'm looking for some for the fall/Spring.

Thanks!

Replies to: Will I get into Environmental Engineering Graduate Programs

• FluentInCarbsFluentInCarbs Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    Do you have to graduate a semester early? Most grad programs only admit in the Fall, so why not graduate in the Spring and enroll in grad school the fall semester? That way you can boost your GPA. You may not get into the very top schools but I think you have a chance! Just do well on the GRE, find professors you want to work with, make an awesome Statement of Purpose, get good letters of reference, and apply to least 5 schools. You do need research/internship experience though! The Academic dishonesty may hurt your chances.
This discussion has been closed.