Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

got a C in graduate program what you recommend

ncp2903ncp2903 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I just got a C+ in a graduate course level, I had depression during my first semester and lack of motivation. I have to talk to my advisor about this.

Is it the end of the world? what you recommend. Next semester I am going to start strong, I also started therapy in order to cope better with grad school and adaptation.

Replies to: got a C in graduate program what you recommend

• xraymancsxraymancs Forum Champion Graduate School Posts: 4,644 Forum Champion
    Was that the only course you were taking? If you had others and your overall GPA is over 3.0 you should be OK. If your GPA is below 3.0 then you need to make sure you pull it up in the Spring term. Not all is lost but you have to figure out how to deal with your health issues and put the right amount of focus to your courses if you are serious about graduate school.
  • ncp2903ncp2903 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I had a C on two not core courses and an incomplete, which I have the chance to complete with an A. Definitively I am visiting a professional to help me with my condition. Next semester I will be looking forwards to get on top of my work and my research. I did talk with my advisors and they are very concerned about my performance, however they are very supportive, and I am going back strong next semester.
This discussion has been closed.