Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

University of Alabama - Graduate School Application Decision

steffm15steffm15 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I applied to Alabama back in December, and after checking this week the progress bar went from "Reviewed by Department" (a green bar) to "Decision Made" (a red bar). I have not received an email, and I can't click anywhere to see an actual decision.

Do they only send out paper admissions letters? Does the red bar mean I did not get in?

I'm highly curious, but don't want to contact admissions just yet considering I only saw the bar change a day ago, so I'm assuming it's still being processed. I was just curious if anyone could give me any insight. I already have a school closer to home to attend, but I would still like to know a final decision from Alabama either way.

Replies to: University of Alabama - Graduate School Application Decision

• boneh3adboneh3ad Registered User Posts: 7,226 Senior Member
    Most schools these days send out electronic admissions notices. I have no idea what the colors mean in your case, but if it doesn't clearly state one way or another, I wouldn't just assume anything. Wait a few days and if it's really bothering you, you can always try to contact the department.
  • MandalorianMandalorian Registered User Posts: 1,651 Senior Member
    edited April 6
    Call the department and ask.
  • RamtejRamtej Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    You are admitted now ?