Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Getting a Job After Getting Undergrad Degree

confmem1010confmem1010 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
I currently pursuing an Electrical Engineering (EE) undergrad degree. I have a decent amount of research experience but I haven't done any internships. I want to do a Master of Science (MS) in communication networks or robotics.

(i) Can I get an internship after I graduate? I'm not sure if it would be weird to get an internship with a bachelor's degree. But, it would be perfect if I get an internship because I'm going to have a couple of months before starting my Masters. I figure it would be better to get an internship than get a full-time job and quit really fast.

(ii) I'm planning to do a co-op during my Masters. My concern is after I get Masters, would I be considered overqualified if I have a BS and MS but only one co-op as my main work experience? This is kinda in the future right now for me but I still want to know. If I would be overqualified then I might take a full-time position for a couple years before doing my Masters.

Thanks for the help!

Replies to: Getting a Job After Getting Undergrad Degree

• juilletjuillet Super Moderator Posts: 12,490 Super Moderator
    1) There are a few internships out there for recent graduates, but not many. You'd have to look around to find one.

2) Maybe, but probably not. It depends on the field. But full-time work experience + MS is virtually always better than no work experience + MS.