Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Columbia University MS Journalism

capdash96capdash96 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Incoming senior at the University of South Carolina interested in Columbia's Journalism MS program. I'm a Public Relations major with a 3.9 GPA, have had two marketing internships, and have been published in a couple of local publications. I figure my chances at acceptance are fair, but I'm not sure how much my experience/grades count against writing submissions and test scores. What are my chances?

Replies to: Columbia University MS Journalism

• xraymancsxraymancs Forum Champion Graduate School Posts: 4,526 Forum Champion
    @capdash96 - Welcome to the Forum! I am not in the field but your GPA is important and so are the letters of reference that you get from your faculty mentors. Test scores can be useful as a way to triage applications but my guess is that for a Journalism program your writing is going to be more important than a GRE score.