Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Retake GRE for economics phd?

economicnerdeconomicnerd Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I just took the GRE for the second time and I need some help deciding whether I should retake the GRE again. I have been looking everywhere online and it seems like my scores are borderline for a Ph.D in economics. Also, before anyone bashes me about my low Quant scores, I have severe test anxiety, so I am pretty sure that is what is causing lower scores as I was calmer the second time I took the GRE.

Background:
Double major Mathematics and Economics and have taken 2 graduate mathematics courses.
Graduated Summa Cum Laude 4.0/4.0 GPA from a University ranked in the top 500 schools in the nation. (It was considered a top school in the Mid-West).
I have worked on large research projects with professors for senior level courses.
I graduated undergrad a year early.

Round 1 scores:
156V
155Q
4.5 AWA

Round 2 scores:
159V
164Q
Unknown AWA

I am just looking for some insight into whether I could get into a decent, mid-range, university for a Ph.D in economics. I realize that with a mathematics major I should have a higher Quant score. Honestly, I haven't done much mathematics with actual numbers in probably 2 or 3 years.