right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Withdrawals in Undergrad: Will they hurt you or help you?

PoodleLorPoodleLor 1 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
Long story short, I'm a junior and struggling in a required course for my major. To be fair, it's a really difficult course, but I'm starting to question whether I'm fully prepared to take it on. I am considering withdrawing from it this summer and tackling it at a later date, but I am a little torn. I am considering some really competitive graduate programs now, and wouldn't you know it, some of the really competitive programs are the ones I want to get into the most! If I withdraw, will that hurt my chances, even if I take the same class again later, or is it better to stick it out even if my grade might really really suck?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Withdrawals in Undergrad: Will they hurt you or help you?

• bluebayoubluebayou 26529 replies172 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 26,701 Senior Member
    one or two W's will barely be noticed, as long as it is not a WF (as in withdrawn while failing). A bunch of W's would definitely raise a red flag.
    · Reply · Share
  • suzy100suzy100 5676 replies58 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,734 Senior Member
    Has the course even started yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • PoodleLorPoodleLor 1 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    @suzy100 If it hadn't started yet, I would not be asking this question, would I? lol

It started very early, like right away. I had no break between spring ending and summer beginning.
    · Reply · Share