right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Do you think I'll be able to get into UNH's MSW program with a spelling mistake on my application?

collegeqssscollegeqsss 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited February 17 in Graduate School
I am currently an undergrad at UNH with a 3.5 GPA and I am majoring in psychology. I have about 2 years social work experience, and good recommendations. But I looked at my application the other day and I noticed spelling errors. I'm wondering how badly this will hurt my chances of being accepted?
edited February 17
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Do you think I'll be able to get into UNH's MSW program with a spelling mistake on my application?

• juilletjuillet 12737 replies162 threads Super Moderator
    I forgot to finish a whole sentence on my National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (in the first paragraph!) statement and I still got it.

People make mistakes. If your application is otherwise strong, the admissions committee will likely overlook this.

(However, the answer changes if there are a *lot* of spelling errors. That can make you look like you lack attention to detail at least, or at worst are a poor communicator.)
    · Reply · Share
  • EmpireappleEmpireapple 2089 replies27 threads Senior Member
    Have you talked with the department and demonstrated interest? I think given that you are already an undergrad it will help and make sure they know who you are within the department.
    · Reply · Share