Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

GRE Verbal --- retake?

2»

Replies to: GRE Verbal --- retake?

• VicboothVicbooth Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    Thanks for all the advice. I talked to my advisor today and he told me to retake and get AT LEAST 600 on verbal and do well on AWA --- but told me to not worry about quantitative.

So, looks like I'll memorize the 3,500 word list (I know all but 600 anyway).
  • DespSeekPhdDespSeekPhd Registered User Posts: 991 Member
    Also, get the breakdown on what types of questions you missed. You can log into the ETS website with your testing info and find out. I say this because you may have missed a lot of one types of question - my weakness is analogies, for example. So even if you know the words, you may get stuck on the type of question. Use Barron's or PR to study how to work certain types of questions.
  • VicboothVicbooth Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    I think my problem was mostly not knowing the words on the exam --- which was hopefully coincidental. I found the PowerPrep exams/words to be relatively simple.

Also, the reading passages were killing me --- after all the practice tests, I was still preoccupied with time. I had 11 minutes left on the final question. Talk about neurotic.
2»
This discussion has been closed.