Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

I'm way too slow on the Q section! How do I go faster?

LAC operonLAC operon Registered User Posts: 231 Junior Member
edited September 2009 in GRE Prep
I am going for biomedical PhD programs, so my Q section needs to be high. But -- I'm really having trouble finishing the Kaplan/ETS (the paper book) practice Q tests in time (I finish the paper based V sections in about the exact time and the computer based ones in like half the time). I feel like if I had 1.5 the time on Q section -- I would get every problem right, but I end up spending too long on each question, trying to hurry myself up/panicking and making mistakes, and then not having enough time at the end to finish the last couple of qs. I have always been at the top of my math classes but always the last one to turn in an exam (I'm a naturally slow/thoughtful test taker). What do I do to be faster?? Practice has helped some, but I'm afraid that practice isn't enough. Anyone have any suggestions? What else should I do? I have about 2 weeks until my test date.
Post edited by LAC operon on

Replies to: I'm way too slow on the Q section! How do I go faster?

This discussion has been closed.