Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is end of sophomore year ridiculously early to give the GRE?

arronniearronnie Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
edited June 2010 in GRE Prep
My sophomore year ends in early June and we have nothing to do till early August. I am in India, and our junior year is usually very crammed up with no time available for any extra activities.

Since I have so much time to just wile away, is it recommended to finish off the GRE during that time? The chances of getting really good prep done during the junior year are low. Also, will it be too early to give the GRE?
Post edited by arronnie on

Replies to: Is end of sophomore year ridiculously early to give the GRE?

• arronniearronnie Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    I do plan to fly immediately after my BE(BS) is done.
  • safetypin00safetypin00 Registered User Posts: 351 Member
    I'd say do it then. In any case, even if your tests scores are no longer good, which I would doubt since you plan to apply right away, and have 3 more years ANYWAY... I'm sure brushing up on it would be much faster than starting from scratch. I'd do it when you have time to study! Most logical option in my opinion.
  • ackyoung13ackyoung13 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    in fact, it is not ridiculously early...........my friend sit for GRE even before he got to college
  • ackyoung13ackyoung13 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    btw, if you sat for sat before, the chance u can quickly grasp GRE is pretty fat
This discussion has been closed.