Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

MA in International Relations/Journalism chances

Lola77Lola77 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited March 2010 in GRE Prep
610 Q 610 V 4.5 written
Weirdest, most MEH score ever, considering i got 1290's + on my practice tests.
The only reason I would take it over would be for the written portion of the exam The score surprised the hell out of me considering that all I do is write.
Post edited by Lola77 on

Replies to: MA in International Relations/Journalism chances

• captain88captain88 Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    What j-schools are you looking at?

I just got accepted to all four top-tier j-schools that I applied to with a Q score slightly higher than yours, V score a little bit lower and the same AW score.

Honestly, I think j-schools have enough sense to know that the AW score is in no way representative of your abilities as a writer. I know mine wasn't.
  • Lola77Lola77 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Wow. A response! My ultimate goal is (and has always been) NYU's Joint IR/Journalism Program. I'm retaking the test, masochist that I am. I'm also looking at straight IR programs at American, GW, LSE, University of Amsterdam and Columbia (because applying to that school seems like an inevitable rite of passage, at this point.).What schools did you get into?
This discussion has been closed.