Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Why Do You Love Grinnell?

2»

Replies to: Why Do You Love Grinnell?

• lefthandofdoglefthandofdog Registered User Posts: 1,443 Senior Member
    S graduated from Grinnell a couple years back, and I still love the school. Lots of reasons - the people, students and faculty, the location, facilities (who wouldn't love an undulating wall of glass - the new student center)? I'm always trying to get kids in our area (east coast) to consider it. It's not for everyone, but what an incredible place if it tickles your fancy. I think if a student wants a small LAC, they should apply and see what their choices are come spring.
  • Jupton10Jupton10 Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    I am from L.A., I'm a white male, and I'm a little on the close minded side. Would I like this school?
  • morandimorandi Registered User Posts: 603 Member
    jupton10, why are you close minded at such a young age?? do you enjoy being surprised? good academic experiences tend to open one's eyes, as the saying goes 'a mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.' good schools like grinnell will try to stretch your mind, open your eyes, and encourage rigorous thinking. . . .plus, i think there is a fair amount of fun and comaraderie involved.
  • HindooHindoo Registered User Posts: 5,849 Senior Member
    Jupton--If you are, in fact, on the "close minded side," then you need a school like Grinnell. :)
2»
This discussion has been closed.