Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

RD Acceptances

12346»

Replies to: RD Acceptances

• rpo272rpo272 Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    I only got merit aid (only 7.5k a year) so I am hoping they will give me some financial aid b/c otherwise it will be pretty tough to come up with the money
  • CrystalroseCrystalrose Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I've been accepted. My FA award was along the lines of 45,500 or something like that and I received Merit and Need Based Aid. I recieve very good FA from everywhere I got in though so idk
  • _Silence_Silence Registered User Posts: 699 Member
    Is the financial aid received with the admissions package the final award?
  • dottifieddottified Registered User Posts: 170 Junior Member
    Check what it says on the letter. It should either say "Preliminary Award" or "Final Award" - if it's final, it's final, and you're supposed to send in a letter saying you accept that award if you decide to go. If it's Preliminary, that means you still need to submit some forms, which you need to do by May 1, and then they'll send you a final award letter.
  • _Silence_Silence Registered User Posts: 699 Member
    I guess it's final then, because I have that letter about accepting the award or not.
  • doIhavetodoIhaveto Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Hey people, I have one question. Together with the documents which I have to send back I got this form to fill in to pay a deposit. They ask there to write quite confidential information (in my opinion at least, I mean all necessary ones to pay with my card). I just want to ask if it's a standard procedure? What would later happen with does information which I'm giving them? (I'm an international and were I come from paying for everything with a credit card is still not that popular, that's why I'm a bit confused with this staff). Thanks
12346»
This discussion has been closed.