Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

can i get into GRINNELL?

Replies to: can i get into GRINNELL?

• ChongShuChongShu Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
    After the end of this month, I will just know the admission result
  • lazyboylazyboy Registered User Posts: 137 Junior Member
    Thank you Kevintoy! and, good luck ChongShu....Let's hope that we all meet in Grinnell!
  • cby1990cby1990 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    congratulation guys. at least you guys have a reasonably good academic performance, and a chance applying for early decision.

Grinnell is my dream school but for me, i just need to try and wait for the rejection offer. last time i check, there're only 5 students accepted from 60 candidates for transfering students. No matter what, i tried, the past cannot be changed. i have to admit that, at least you guys know how to prepare for the admission tests, for me, my city, no one even knows what SAT or ACT is. anyway, i am really jeslous of you guys at least you have the possibility of being accepted.

best wishes to whom apply Grinnell College.
    hey cby1990! infact, i also didn't know how to prepare for the college admissions until a year back...and, you must be assured that even if you cannot give the tests, you can let the admission committee know about it! and, it is not only the academics that affect your chance for admission (i admit that it is the major factor)...but if you can share your unique personality then the committee may consider your chances! good luck buddy...
  • confidential2015confidential2015 Registered User Posts: 1,396 Senior Member
    hey guys, i found ur thread so wanted to ask something regarding grinnell...i have thought of doing ED for the class of 2015 to grinnell,
    i am from nepal

can anyone tell me what happened to lazyboy? did he get grinnell?

hi, can u tell me the stats of nepalese students at grinnell?
    i heard that they are generous towards nepalese students when it comes the issue of financing the grinnell education but they are really harsh when its the matter of admission....what do u think?

waiting for ur reply!
    okay, now when you have asked this question, i must tell you to be patient till the 28th of this month so that I can tell you something valuable...
  • OlymomOlymom Registered User Posts: 1,689 Senior Member
    I love the suspense! I (a parent) am very impressed with all of you. You are a credit to your families and your countries because of your hard work and strong attitudes. I think you will do well in life. No, I do not know where you will be accepted -- but I do think any campus will be stronger for your presence. Good luck!
  • confidential2015confidential2015 Registered User Posts: 1,396 Senior Member
    I think its 28th already..and someone from Rato Bangla School got grinnell(full ride) after 3 years of gap from nepal!
    Is that person u?
    U were supposed to tell me something...isnt it?

thanks for the compliments!
  • roderickroderick Registered User Posts: 1,488 Senior Member
    "(is it a safe landing?)"

That'll do.
This discussion has been closed.