right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
College of Charleston, Cooper, Davidson, and Reed are rumored to release decisions tomorrow (4/1). Share your outcome!
Tulane is rumored to release decisions today (3/31). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

God spoke to me.

ivegothopeivegothope 21 replies2 threads New Member
edited March 2012 in Harvard University
So it was a couple of weeks ago but I feel like sharing the story anyways. It was February 2nd, and when I came home from school my mom said she was going to pick up some Chinese. She gets back a few minutes later from HEB with the Chinese and I grab my food and fortune cookie. After I'm done eating and open my fortune cookie what do I read? "Your goal will be met in two months." No lie. This was almost precisely 2 months from admissions decisions! So yeah, God spoke to me through a fortune cookie and now I know that everything will be alright. :) I hope this isn't the universe playing a cruel trick on me but hey, I thought it was pretty cool nonetheless.
edited March 2012
35 replies
Post edited by ivegothope on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: God spoke to me.

• cahsparentcahsparent 323 replies11 threads Member
    I always know God spoke in mysterious ways. Nice to see He has found a new medium to speak to you.

Good Luck!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • Crystal31Crystal31 327 replies12 threads Member
    Thats great !:)Wish you luck with the results
    · Reply · Share
  • leo118leo118 321 replies27 threads Member
    clandarkfire- L.O.L.

@ ivegothope- Good to know at least someone's found a way to tackle the admissions-decision paranoia XD HAHA
    · Reply · Share
  • StonesnStonesn 500 replies105 threads Member
    Please let us know if you get inm
    · Reply · Share
  • etondadetondad 1092 replies31 threads Senior Member
    There is probably a malicious fortune cookie writer who messes with high school seniors' minds! I hope that for you, it comes true --and that you can put the fortune in your scrap book next to admissions certificate!
    · Reply · Share
  • WindCloudUltraWindCloudUltra 1703 replies58 threads Senior Member
    I recently got a fortune stating: "A pleasant surprise is in store for you." I'm not applying for anything at the moment, but I hope it means getting a few rounds of funding in the near future :D
    · Reply · Share
  • cahsparentcahsparent 323 replies11 threads Member
    @WindCloudUltra We have moved on from desktops to laptops to mobile phones for information similarly, Fortune Cookies is the new medium for His Divinity to communicate with us. Progress in the Heavens :) Steve has just got there watch for an App to be released soon. God will make a quick jump from cookies to iPad.
    · Reply · Share
  • ivegothopeivegothope 21 replies2 threads New Member
    lol all I'm saying is that God speaks in mysterious ways! And just to add to the discussion I got a likely from Dartmouth today, making it Columbia and Dartmouth so far! Maybe God is giving me his own little likely letter, ehh? :) lol well regardless thanks for the good wishes everyone and same to you all as well!
    · Reply · Share
  • Slylingual24Slylingual24 173 replies35 threads Junior Member
    I believe this. No joke, I had a fortune cookie tell me one time that I was going to have diarrhea after I ate the Chinese food. And guess what? God gave me diarrhea. Praise the lord.
    · Reply · Share
  • goldfish2goldfish2 - 22 replies12 threads Junior Member
    Although religious myself, I still find this thread hilarious.

Sent from my Ally using CC
    · Reply · Share
  • iboosteribooster 3 replies0 threads New Member
    you seem to have a live wire connection to the ultimate decider, remember with great power comes great responsibility..lol!
    · Reply · Share
  • SamonuhSamonuh - 956 replies95 threads Senior Member
    I remember a few days before I was rejected from Penn, I got a fortune saying "You're a soon-to-be failure."
    · Reply · Share
  • T26E4T26E4 23243 replies1031 threads Senior Member
    I'm religious as well. To be blunt, in my faith tells me that God doesn't have personal messages or interventions for us day to day (i.e. If God is faithful to me, I'll not hit any red lights on the way to work today). Your being accepted to Harvard is "meh" to the almighty. You may or may not be but I wouldn't attribute God to it. That's my opinon.
    · Reply · Share
  • leo118leo118 321 replies27 threads Member
    If you got accepted to Dartmouth AND Columbia, then I'm sure you don't need to attach your hopes to a fortune cookie ivegothope :P

Congrats btw =D

PS- too bad they don't have a lot of fortune cookies down here where I live XD
    · Reply · Share
    Lol guys honestly I was being serious about the whole "God says I'm going to Harvard" thing, I just thought it was a funny story. :) ultimately my goal is and was to go to ONE of the many prestigious universities i've applied to and since I've already gotten two LL's I'd say that God has "kept his word". Lol. :)
    · Reply · Share
    *wasnt being serious
    · Reply · Share
  • hopefordenhopeforden 15 replies0 threads New Member
    You've got hope and a sense of humor - schools will be lucky to have you! Good Luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • JamieBrownJamieBrown - 388 replies13 threads Member
    God spoke to me.

Sorry, but that particular Princeton alumnus is not involved in the fortune cookie business.
    · Reply · Share
  • gibbygibby 10534 replies246 threads Senior Member
    As a New Yorker, having lived through 911, the phrase "God spoke to me" is just not funny; not even 11 years after the fact. More importantly, I don't think those words would be funny to the Dean of Columbia Admissions reading your post. I just hope you have disguised your identity enough that your admissions decision is not rescinded.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity