Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Official 2016 Waitlist Discussion Thread

theviolethourtheviolethour Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
edited June 2012 in Harvard University
Hey guys! So it's May, and yield and waitlist info should start trickling in soon. Let the anxiety begin!
Post edited by theviolethour on

Replies to: Official 2016 Waitlist Discussion Thread

• Ana1Ana1 Registered User Posts: 420 Member
    1. Ysquared
    2. Swimfreak001
    3. EricDHChoi
    4. GoldenBoyCXVII
    5- Nyboy22
    6. TheGovernator
    7. hotair
    8. HSMCCP
    9. Apoc314
    10. cloudless33
    11. Heyitsme2012
    12. kimisizer
    13. detoidi
    14. cck0000
    15. createyourself
    16. Sarquois
    17. kimchee1212
    18. scatman45
    19. batfan
    20. blinelight
    21. theviolethour
    22. moy2414
    23. Stonesn
    24. dancergirl0304
    25. 2yuexue
    26. OutofTheBlu
    27. ravenclaw12
    28. np9494

please add your name if you are staying
  • PlatinumPlatinum Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    where did everyone else put their deposit down?
  • theviolethourtheviolethour Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
    Berkeley for me :)
  • Swimfreak001Swimfreak001 Registered User Posts: 349 Member
    Fordham University! Tough decision, but they gave me a great scholarship, and it was way cheaper than my other options.
  • PlatinumPlatinum Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    those are all amazing options guys. i put my deposit down for duke and my heart was in the right place when i visited . i just wanna see how harvard turns out though you know? Two options are better one.
  • rolemodelsrolemodels Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    Stanford !!! (accepted to Harvard but picked Stanford anyway since I like it there more :D

I just like to come stop by the HYPSM forums to see what's cookin')

I don't want to raise your hopes just to crush them, but I am actually expecting Harvard yield this year to be even lower than last years, though slightly. This is empirically determined from a moderate sample size (people I met from Visitas, MIT CPW, Princeton Preview, Stanford admit weekend, and what I heard from Yale BDD). The fact that the second day of Harvard's Visitas got rained out may attribute to this, whereas all the other admitted student days had amazing weather. Potentially, this could mean 100+ students taken off the waitlist.

Good luck to all!
  • 314159265314159265 Registered User Posts: 4,276 Senior Member
    Yale!

I'm staying on the waitlist to see how FA turns out if I get in. Yale's offer was really good, but knowing Harvard and its endowment, I wouldn't be surprised if Harvard gave me an even better offer.
  • kimisizerkimisizer Registered User Posts: 222 Junior Member
    Boston College for me. It's a place previously unknown to me but now I'm proud to attend BC for four years (though Harvard would be nice :D).

Do they usually announce the majority of decisions by the end of May or is it even throughout the summer?

Sent from my ADR6400L using CC
  • anaserenaanaserena Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    The University of Pennsylvania, which has a great photography department, but nothing can beat Harvard's Shorenstein Center (and several faculty members I've been wanting to work with for suchhhh a long time).
  • detoididetoidi Registered User Posts: 193 Junior Member
    ^ same. UPenn, but I really want to attend Harvard
  • Apoc314Apoc314 Registered User Posts: 1,310 Senior Member
    Deposited at Vanderbilt (they gave me a great merit scholarship so I'm excited to go there, but I also want to see if Harvard will happen...)
  • Alexithymia12Alexithymia12 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    I guess 29. Alexithymia12...

Anyway I deposited for Middlebury! So excited; Midd and Harvard were basically tied for my top two this whole time. But I'm still waiting to see what happens.

Did any of you guys contact/send anything to the admissions office in addition to just accepting your spot on the waitlist?
  • OutofTheBluOutofTheBlu Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Duke.....!
  • batfanbatfan Registered User Posts: 896 Member
    Dartmouth, which was my top choice next to Harvard, but Harvard's my dream school so fingers crossed. :) Any idea what the yield will be like this year?
  • theviolethourtheviolethour Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
    @batfan: I'm on Dartmouth's waiting list; a friend just sent me this article a few hours ago: Confessions of an Ivy League Frat Boy: Inside Dartmouth's Hazing Abuses | Culture News | Rolling Stone and I have to say it freaked me out a little bit. Congrats, though!
This discussion has been closed.