Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Post-graduate study

funkyduckfunkyduck Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
edited September 2012 in Harvard University
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about applying to Harvard for post-graduate study for either an MD or JD/MBA.

I just wanted to ask about the difference of the "college experience" between undegraduate and post-graduate study?

Is everyone all partied out by the time they get to post-graduate study? Are there still the same opportunities for co-curricular and social activities at post-graduate courses just like undegraduate study?

Thanks,
funkyduck
Post edited by funkyduck on

Replies to: Post-graduate study

• just2helpjust2help Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    Graduate school classes by itself are wayyyy different. They are much more interactive and expect much more participation from you. And if you are an MD, you start working in the field as an intern or helping out research projects by your 2nd or 3rd year. The classes are much more of a discussion, rather than teach and test. By the time you are in grad school, people will expect that you know everything and basically you are fine tuning yourself and working with other people to see what each person has to offer. The party atmosphere is definitely different; undergrads have the better and more frequent parties. But the harvard grad parties are very classy. I would say grad school doesn't offer the same opportunities for co-curricular and social activities as undergraduate.
This discussion has been closed.