Hi, I am a 19 year-old hispanic student who graduated high school a couple of years ago, and since I can't afford college in my country I thought that applying to a school in the USA was a good idea.
I've taken the SAT's already and these are my scores:
SAT Reasoning Test: 2230
This is the rest of my info:
- Rank 1/40
- Founder of the science club
- President of the school
- National Youth Science Camp peruvian delegate 2009
- Captain of the soccer team
- Regional Youth Councelor Avanzada Catolica (Catholic group).
- Medical assistant for 30 months.
- First generation high school graduate and college student(hopefully).
- A lot of community service including 5 trips to poorest areas of my country bringing food, clothes and medical care (each trip 2-5 weeks long)
-Half orphan(is that the term??)
AP's and Honor Classes not available.
- Construction worker for 2 years
- Peer tutor since I was 12(this was actually a job because i got paid to do it, i think some people in the US do it for free, not the case)
- Basic science and math private tutor for 2 years
- Family annual income: < $6000
I am planning to major in Biochemistry and i will apply for financial aid, I would really appreciate if someone could chance me for Harvard, is my dream school but should I even apply? Am I being unrealistic? Any honest opinion will be welcome. Thanks in advance :).