Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Harvard Degree vs Harvard Education

medadvicemedadvice Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
edited September 2013 in Harvard University
I recently read a report that stated that some person bought a forged fake Harvard degree from craigslist. I told this to my AP Lang teacher and he started talking about the purpose of education and how people these days don't care about the education but rather the degree. My teacher is Ivy League educated, but he doesn't really care that much about what he could do with his degree but rather the education he gained. People around the world are working their butts off to go to amazing colleges for the name and the degree. I would be lying If I didn't say I was one of those people. But what is the most valuable thing you can gain from Harvard? Do you learn facts or do you figure out how to apply them? Harvard is one the most prestigious colleges in the world but what do you gain from it other than the degree? People that go to Harvard are brilliant but do they actually come out knowing how to apply what they have learned?
Post edited by medadvice on

Replies to: Harvard Degree vs Harvard Education

This discussion has been closed.