Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Harvard students and boarding schools

LightIntoLifeLightIntoLife Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
edited September 2013 in Harvard University
A while ago, I was looking into the elite New England boarding high schools (Andover, Exeter, etc) when I saw that these schools had something in common-at all of them, the most common college that their students chose to attend after graduating was an Ivy. How many Harvard students typically come from a boarding school? Any help to satisfy my curiosity would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies to: Harvard students and boarding schools

• gibbygibby Registered User Posts: 10,500 Senior Member
    Those statistics are not published by Harvard, but are published by the individual high school's themselves. For example, if you look at Exeter's high school profile that is sent to colleges, you will find a list of colleges students matriculated to. Add up the numbers for the Ivy League schools and then add up the numbers for all others schools and you will have your answer.
    http://www.exeter.edu/documents/2013_Profile_for_Colleges(1).pdf

BTW: Those statistics are over a 3-year span (2010 to 2012), so divide by 3.
This discussion has been closed.