right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

Will receiving an interview affect the acceptance of an international applicant?

TreesoftTreesoft 16 replies4 threads New Member
I am an international applicant from a country listed under "limited interviews". I submitted my application a month ago, and I still have not been contacted for interview.

I read other threads on CC, and some people say that if you are an international applicant and do not receive an interview, then it is likely that you won't get accepted. Is this true? If so, should I contact the admissions office and ask for an interview?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Will receiving an interview affect the acceptance of an international applicant?

• T26E4T26E4 23243 replies1031 threads Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Who is to say? When Harvard rejects +95% of applicants, it's difficult to link having/not having an interview with success. And your contacting them to ask for an interview won't make a difference
    edited November 2014
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 42310 replies8428 threads Super Moderator
    Don't contact them; if they are able to schedule an interview, they will. Contacting them is only going to get you the same answer and eat up someone's time responding to your inquiry.
    · Reply · Share
  • entrebuseconentrebusecon 240 replies38 threads Junior Member
    Quoting my interviewer, "these interviews are just to make sure you haven't gone completely off the deep end". Basically they are nice to have, but they aren't a significant part of the application process and you can get in without one.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity