right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

Incongruities in application

entrebuseconentrebusecon 240 replies38 threads Junior Member
So I have disgusting Math scores and grades for everything, but all my ECs are focused on Econ, including some college classes etc. I feel like this incongruity between my interests and strengths might harm my application. Is there any truth to this?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Incongruities in application

• gibbygibby 10541 replies249 threads Senior Member
    ^^ These days colleges are creating well-rounded classes made up of lop-sided students. So, having lowish math scores and grades won't necessarily hurt your application, provided the rest of your test scores and grades are absolutely stellar. (It is Harvard after all.) On the other hand, if math isn't your strong suit, maybe you should be looking at other majors. (It's kind of like wanting to be a singer on American Idol, but you can't competitively sing.) Admissions might think the same thing. Did you apply SCEA? Two more weeks to find out!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity