Hello everyone! I'd like to apply to Harvard (2020) and was wondering what my chances were. As I am only in 11th grade and still have a year to work on my application, I was wondering what aspects I should be focusing on or if there is anything lacking in my application that I could work on for next year. At the moment I live in Asia and go to a British international school there. I would very much appreciate any comments or pointers as I know everyone on here is very busy!
Thank you x10 in advance!
Here is what my application looks like so far:
I have American citizenship
Go to an International British School
Year 12 (11th grade in the USA)
Languages: English, French, Arabic (fluent- read, write, speak) Spanish (proficient,taking intensive classes)
SAT: 2250 (CR 740, W 800, M 710)
SAT II: Only French so far (800) Will be taking two others in October
11 A*s and an A at IGCSE
Predicted all A's at AS level
First in the world at IGCSE French
Taking A levels (Simliar to AP in the USA)
French, Spanish, English Literature, Economics (Micro and Macro), History, Thinking Skills, Maths
-Captain of the national debating team, represented country at WSDC (World Schools Debating Championship)
-MUN (Going to Harvard Model Conference in Dubai this January)
- Freelance writer for several magazines, paid around $80 per article
- Published a book that has made over $50 000, all proceeds go to charity to help Syrian refugees
- Duke of Edinburgh International award (Bronze & Silver level) http://www.intaward.org/
- Environmental club (group leader)
'- Student council for 3 years
- Coach of the French Debating team and hostess of the French Debate night every year
- Theater since Middle School (Leading role as the White Witch in 'The Chronicles of Narnia')
- LAMDA public speaking program (London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art) - Taking Gold level (level 8) exam in April
- Taking part in the 2015 Pricewaterhouse business competition
- Peer tutor
- Voice actress on a Cambridge- endorsed language learning site (paid) (the site is recognized by several examination boards including Edexcel and OCR)
- Prefect (leadership position in British schools)
- 100 hours volunteer at a cardiology clinic
- 50 hours volunteer at a rheumatology clinic
- 200 hours volunteer at a local court
I'm hoping to do some more internships and just to continue working on the activities I am doing at the moment. I'll hopefully be doing my remaining SAT subject tests in October 2015. There is no GPA at my school but all my school reports as well as class rankings are good. I'm confident I can get pretty good teacher recommendations as well as recommendations from my internships.
I would be very grateful for any advice on how I could improve!