Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

International student

iagorhervellaiagorhervella Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I´ve been reading this forum for over a week and according to many posts, getting accepted in Harvard is practically impossible without taking AP courses. I´m from Spain and here we don´t have the possibility to choose what courses to take, which means that there´s a standard program for everyone until the end o 12th grade. I would really appreciate it if you could tell me what are my chances to get in and how I can improve my application form. I´m still a junior, so I have plenty time to take into consideration your advice.
GRADES:
GPA: 4.0 ( I am expecting a graduation with honours in every subject, which is called Matrícula de Honor in Spain )
SAT: 2250
Languages: Fluent in Spanish, French and English. Proficient in Portuguese currently studying Italian.
EXTRACURRICULARS:
Captain of my school´s soccer time since 2008.
I run marathons.
Community service: Child care every week
Part-time office work to save up and pay university.
I´ve also been in 5 different schools around the world ( I guess this gives a little experience )

My teacher and counselor´s recommendations are probably going to be amazing cause they like me and appreciate my hard work.
I´m pretty good at writing essays and at expressing myself.
THANK YOU!!!!

Replies to: International student

This discussion has been closed.