Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

When do subcommittee meetings generally end?

arabm2arabm2 Registered User Posts: 207 Junior Member
Does anyone happen to know?

Replies to: When do subcommittee meetings generally end?

• oxoxhawja3xoxooxoxhawja3xoxo Registered User Posts: 309 Member
    they do those meetings basically until decision day.
  • 3puppies3puppies Registered User Posts: 1,494 Senior Member
    I was told on our admissions tour that in some years, they have had additional subcommittee meetings into late April, as they have gone back to re-weigh some of the waiting list applications.

• gibbygibby Registered User Posts: 10,417 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    they do those meetings basically until decision day.
    Actually, if you look at the below video, in previous years the full Committee meeting ended on March 19th. I imagine it's about the same time every year because the financial aid office needs the time to calculate aid on every accepted student that needs it: http://www.thecrimson.com/video/2011/3/28/tour-admissions-office/
    I was told on our admissions tour that in some years, they have had additional subcommittee meetings into late April
    Those meetings are about waitlisted applicants, as acceptance notices go out prior to April 1st.
  • arabm2arabm2 Registered User Posts: 207 Junior Member
    So if the "general" committee is all wrapped up on the 19th, the subcommittees would have to be done around late Feb/early March, correct?
  • lookingforwardlookingforward Registered User Posts: 28,298 Senior Member
    Not necessarily. They get multiple reviews/opinions and can be doing so up to close to that region's meeting date.

If you're wondering if there's still a chance to submit more info, it's really too late.
  • arabm2arabm2 Registered User Posts: 207 Junior Member
    Ah, alright. Internationals in countries with limited alumni are offered selective interviews right around the time the subcommittees wrap up their meetings. That way, the admissions counselors can finalize their list of final students for whom they will advocate in the Final Committee. These interviews are usually given in Late Feb/Early March, and so I was just looking in to reaffirm this aha.
This discussion has been closed.