Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Harvard University Class of 2023 SCEA Applicants

Replies to: Harvard University Class of 2023 SCEA Applicants

• lilyfullfordlilyfullford Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    Hi! I sent a LOC and got a letter back from the dean did that happen to anyone else? Is that a good thing?
  • skyzur32skyzur32 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    @lilyfullford What did the letter say?
  • lilyfullfordlilyfullford Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    @skyzur32 thanked me for applying and said he hopes to see me there
  • bobmorbobmor Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    edited March 27
    For the people that got a Harvard interview here, did you ask for the interview or was did the interviewee contact you out of the blue? How early in the process was it? FYI...in our case, it was only a few days after after the application and it was unexpected.
  • apparently22apparently22 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    @bobmor my kid applied SCEA to Harvard and submitted the application on 10/31 and was contacted for an interview the next day on 11/1. Of course that was for EA and the time frame is a really quick turn around compared to the RD round and we live in a major city.
  • bobmorbobmor Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    @apparently22 Thanks... We were RD, but near a major city. It was maybe, 2 days after submittal.
  • apparently22apparently22 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    @bobmor My kid was accepted but quite obviously not everyone that was admitted in SCEA was contacted for an interview the day after their application was submitted and there are obviously those that were deferred or denied that also were contacted for interviews super early in the process, as well. Just there's just no telling. After 300+ years in the game it's clear that Harvard does not tip its hat in terms of signaling admission decisions. Good luck to you and your child. Just one more day plus a few hours!
  • ech019ech019 Registered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    @bobmor I applied EA and was contacted about an interview about three weeks later (only a couple weeks before decisions came out)...I was deferred.
  • minniemouse143minniemouse143 Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Just checking if everyone has an Admitted Students link on the top right of their portal above the search bar ... my assumption is a resounding yes.
  • dreamthief001dreamthief001 Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    @minniemouse143 i don't even see a search bar lol
  • minniemouse143minniemouse143 Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    @dreamthief001 click About. Then you will see it.
  • dreamthief001dreamthief001 Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    @minniemouse143 oh thank you. yes i have the admitted students link
  • shekw19shekw19 Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    good luck everybody!! I really hope each and every one of us end up at our dream school
  • Pops76Pops76 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Best of luck everyone!
  • stanfordstrivingstanfordstriving Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Little late to post but ACCEPTED!!!!! So happy, this is my absolute dream school, after Stanford of course.
    Stats:
    3.6 GPA
    1410 SAT
    SAT II: 650 Math II, 720 Bio, 700 English
    AP classes: World (4), Lit and Comp (5), Calc AB (3), Bio (4), Physics (3), APUSH (5)

Extracurricular: Member of school writing club, had poetry published in school literary magazine four times (aka every time I submitted). Varsity tennis and JV XC. Played piano freshman and sophomore year in jazz band. Went on a mission trip to South Africa.

Essays: Wrote my essays about trying to go out for football as a girl and the coach not letting me, an essay about going vegan for one day, and an essay comparing Harvard to a cheeseburger (lol you'd have to read it)

Strengths: WRITING and interview. My interviewer and I totally hit it off we talked for like 90 minutes.

Weaknesses: probably my GPA and SAT but numbers aren't everything folks when they say you more than a number they aint lying

Moral of the story: NEVER GIVE UP!!! People will probably read this and wonder how someone like me possibly got in to Harvard. But my story is a testament that hard work and PASSION anything and everything is possible.
    Don't be afraid to get a B. Don't be afraid to take a risk. Write an essay about a cheeseburger. If you want something bad enough, you will find a way to get it. Keep striving my friends, congrats to those accepted I'll be seeing you next year unless I get into Stanford. (Pray for me please.) To those rejected keep those heads up there's always grad school. Peace