Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Harvard SCEA 2023 International Students Interview

Replies to: Harvard SCEA 2023 International Students Interview

• indianhopeful24indianhopeful24 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    @Peterlim it was an alumni interview
  • worldwide1worldwide1 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Are internationals likely to be admitted if we interviewed only with an alumnus, but not an adcom?
    @worldwide1 I spoke to my counsellor about this because I got quite stressed about now having an interview with an adcom. She said as long as you've interviewed with someone, it should not matter. Some people on the thread have not even gotten interviews with alumni so I guess we should be happy with what we got.
    @independent413 Hey!
    My IB predicted is a 44, 33 ACT, superscore 34, 700+ in 4 SAT 2s
    IB term grades were 42/42, 42/42, 41/42, 41/42 and mid year report will also be a 41/42
    Did you end up getting an interview? I really hope you did. From what I read, there was another Indian waiting for an interview offer as well
    I'm as stressed as anyone here on college confidential. Really rooting for all of us to get in
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 38,234 Super Moderator
    Are internationals likely to be admitted if we interviewed only with an alumnus, but not an adcom?
    No int'l applicant (and few domestic applicants) are "likely to be admitted." If your question is "Can an int'l applicant be admitted if we interviewed only with an alumnus, but not an adcom?" then the answer is yes.
  • cutebabycutebaby Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    I apply from China and I got my interview on5/11
  • AlezzzAlezzz Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    I see absolute majority of posts here are about interview. What about countries not listed at Harvard interviews site, as UAE for example? It said: "If your country is not listed on this page, we do not have local interviewers available. The lack of an interview will not affect your candidacy."
    But how it is in reality? Must we make some attempts to get interview or just sit and wait? And does it bad sign that nobody contacting? Because I see common opinion is that impossible to be admitted without interview despite statement at site.
  • salamandereyessalamandereyes Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    @Alezzz They specifically stated "local interviewers", so it's likely that any students they're seriously considering would be contacted for an adcom interview around this time, judging from past threads.
  • AlezzzAlezzz Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    Ok, let's see
  • reedmrouereedmroue Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Did any of you happen to receive an interview? I'm from Lebanon and still haven't received one.
    Has any international student received an adcom interview after an alumni interview?
    For post #56, I mean for this year.
  • salamandereyessalamandereyes Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    edited December 7
    @worldwide1 I haven't. IMO, if someone already had an alumni interview, I think the committee would have enough information to base their judgment on - unless there were two or three borderline applicants they had to choose from.
  • DataminerDataminer Registered User Posts: 122 Junior Member
    @salamandereyes Are you from Spain? Your name reminded me of the little salamander we tried to find in Salamanca, which legend says bringing good grades to students and definitely proved to be true, haha.
  • balamreddybalamreddy Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    @indianhopeful24 which town in india are you from?