Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Harvard Class of 2023 RD

Replies to: Harvard Class of 2023 RD

• collegequest12collegequest12 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there's nothing to expect for today because it's getting a tad late for likelies to be released. Besides, as skieurope said, a select few get likely letters, so I think we should just relax and see what happens instead of stressing.
  • ripinpeace2023ripinpeace2023 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    any one else get a harvard interview just recently? thought it was a little bit late to be receiving one.
  • lamixlovelamixlove Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I had my Harvard interview last week. I'm outside US so I had to contact them and request for an interview
  • lamixlovelamixlove Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    However I got an email from a Stanford alum yesterday requesting for an interview. It was very urgent. The subject of her email was time is running out respond today. My heads been spinning since. I've heard that Stanford offers interviews by geographic areas only but she doesn't live in the same country as me.She asked if I could travel to London to meet her on the weekend. Keep in mind this email was sent yesterday, on Friday morning
    Do you think this means anything?
  • ZacharyGelfondZacharyGelfond Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    @skieurope my mid year grades were received as of yesterday however I just noticed the application portal says to send first semester grades by Feb 1st but mine just recently became available. The official website says mid years should be sent in February. Will this hurt my application?
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 41,030 Super Moderator
  • bbq5uebbq5ue Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    Anyone gotten any updates!
  • TheGuy1TheGuy1 Registered User Posts: 579 Member
    @bbq5ue Sometimes Ivies send LL's in the last week of the month. So I guess if not now, then there's waiting till then.
  • putinatorputinator Registered User Posts: 143 Junior Member
    Lmao I worried for decisions
    @putinator A month and 11 days more! Dont stress about it. Have fun.
  • AvikAvik Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Had my Dartmouth interview today. It was pretty urgent considering the interviewer emailed me last night, and I am an international applicant......but no updates yet on the Harvard front. O Stress, thou art a vengeful deity!
    @Avik An interview doesnt convey anything. It is just something that happens if Alums are in your area and/or if you opted for an interview. It is just to augment the personality you have portrayed in your application. A good/bad interview doesnt tip you over either side, but cursing/disrespecting or behavior of that sort would definitely get you tipping to the 'negative end'.
  • gibbygibby Registered User Posts: 10,670 Senior Member
    edited February 18
    @TheGuy1 wrote "An interview doesnt convey anything. A good/bad interview doesnt tip you over either side"

I disagree, While a good interview report will NOT send you to the admit pool, a bad/tepid/meh one can sink an application. For example, this from Yale: https://asc.yale.edu/samplereports
    JEROD: The fact that he hadn’t understood that pre-professional majors aren’t offered, and that he seemed to steer away from talking about real academic subjects made me wonder about his fit for Yale. And, while I genuinely enjoyed meeting Jerod, it seemed like he was giving me some answers he thought were what colleges would want to hear. He has talents, but perhaps that would be best used at another college?

RICHARD: While I enjoyed my chat with Richard, nothing really spectacular jumped out at me about him. He struck me as a smart, athletic, nice guy. He seems to be a solid candidate, but not a standout.

THERESA: Theresa is also a very pleasant conversationalist. While outwardly a bit quiet, she is fun to speak with nevertheless. In the Yale pool, I think she is solid but not extraordinary.
    @gibby Oh. I thought that it only marginally matters. I mean its obvious regarding swearing/disrespecting and all that, but it seems scary that having an 'okay' interview may play against an applicant. But then the question comes by to: 'What does not having an interview do in this case?'

• gibbygibby Registered User Posts: 10,670 Senior Member
    edited February 18
    'What does not having an interview do in this case?

IMHO the purpose of an interview, and the interview report, is to weed out applicants who are not a good fit for the college.

Not having an interview means an AO is in the dark about an applicant's fit for the school. Sometimes that's actually better than an applicant being interviewed and having them "put their foot in their mouth" or just be "okay."