right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Harvard Class of 2023 RD

Replies to: Harvard Class of 2023 RD

• TheGuy1TheGuy1 926 replies5 threads Member
    I agree with @Bumalicious and @skieurope

There's just one catch here regarding semantics for Interviews. While all other schools say 'at no disadvantage/no negative effect' for having no offer interview, Harvard says 'no adverse effect'. This might imply a slight difficulty/setback while evaluating the apps 'profile ranking'. I'm sure everyone her's familiar with Harvard's 6 point per aspect app eval system?
    · Reply · Share
  • mattm2019mattm2019 30 replies13 threads Junior Member
    What if an admissions officer could confidently determine an applicant's "personal qualities" ranking without the use of interview feedback?
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 39614 replies7192 threads Super Moderator
    What if an admissions officer could confidently determine an applicant's "personal qualities" ranking without the use of interview feedback?
    What if Aunt May were bitten by a radioactive spider? These are the kind of scenarios that have no set answer, but which inspire countless debates. You'll find out the answer to your question (or the result anyway) in 5 weeks.
    · Reply · Share
    @mattm2019 They have to try their best. They are trained to make the best of what data they can possibly get their hands on regarding you (which is any material submitted by you). There is confidence due to years of experience, but quite some times, the AdCom makes the most plausible decision and then acts according to the results.
    · Reply · Share
  • jadonrsjadonrs 8 replies4 threads New Member
    Applied to: Harvard, Cornell, UCLA, University of Colorado-Boulder, and Colorado School of Mines
    Accepted: CU-Boulder, and Colorado School of Mines
    Still waiting on the ivies and UCLA but I think I have a decent change
    · Reply · Share
  • compSciLovercompSciLover 121 replies8 threads Junior Member
    I applied to UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, UCI, UCSB, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Columbia, Caltech, Cal Poly SLO, SDSU, Stanford, and USC.

So far I’ve gotten rejected from Stanford, but I’ve been accepted to UCI (CHP), UCSB (Chancellors), and SDSU (Honors College)

Waiting for the rest
    · Reply · Share
  • chocolatehuskychocolatehusky 68 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I applied to UCB, UCLA, UCSD, UCSB, UCD, Harvard, Columbia, Penn, UChicago, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, WashU, Emory, UVA, BU

So far, I've been deferred from both Penn and UChicago, and accepted to UVA as an Echols scholar, UCSB (through the Chancellor's invite), and I guess(?) unofficially accepted to UCLA through the regents invitation
    · Reply · Share
  • LincolnsGFLincolnsGF 164 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I applied to UCSB, Cal, UCLA, UCI, UCSD, UCD, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, Penn, Stanford, MIT, University of Michigan, Georgia Tech, Johns Hopkins, NYU, Tulane.

I got deferred from Princeton, accepted to Georgia Tech, accepted to Michigan (after being deferred), and accepted to UCSB College of Creative Studies for Mathematics.
    · Reply · Share
  • LCool23LCool23 12 replies0 threads New Member
    Quick question: Do you guys think I have a lower chance of admission if someone else from my school was accepted EA? It's a fairly small Midwest high school. (130 class)
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 39614 replies7192 threads Super Moderator
    Do you guys think I have a lower chance of admission if someone else from my school was accepted EA?
    No. There is no min/max/quota per HS.
    · Reply · Share
  • WhosYourMommyWhosYourMommy 27 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I applied to- Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, Dartmouth, UPenn, Cornell, Brown, Duke, NYU, UConn, BU
    An international (1540 SAT). Really no chance anywhere lol
    · Reply · Share
    @WhosYourMommy your SAT scores great for all colleges. So based on only this data, its hard to tell, but seems you got a good shot!
    · Reply · Share
  • ThanosPrabhakarThanosPrabhakar 0 replies0 threads New Member
    When is the last possible day I may receive an interview from Harvard? I am an international student, and have heard that they are selective about who gets an interview.
    · Reply · Share
  • gibbygibby 10528 replies246 threads Senior Member
    edited February 28
    @ThanosPrabhakar: As per Harvard's website; https://college.harvard.edu/admissions/application-process/what-we-look/interviews
    If you are located in one of these countries, you are in an area where we have a limited number of interviewers. If the Admissions Committee requires more information about you, you will be contacted by the Admissions Office. If you are not interviewed, it will not adversely affect your candidacy:

Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bermuda, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Philippines, Poland, Peru, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Ukraine, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe

If you live in one of the above countries you should NOT expect to receive an interview.

FWIW: The Financial Aid Committee must put together a FA package for those accepted students who requested financial aid -- and that takes about a week. As such, the Admissions Committee must complete their deliberations about a week before acceptances go out. So I imagine all interviews -- if a student were to receive one -- would need to be completed at least prior to acceptances being released.

edited February 28
    · Reply · Share
    I agree with @gibby

Makes sense.Stay +ve guys!
    · Reply · Share
  • COnFusED4surCOnFusED4sur 1 replies0 threads New Member
    So no LL’s from Harvard ? Oof
    · Reply · Share
    Idk @COnFusED4sur

Due to the lawsuit, they mightve changed their eval policy/material policy and are being cryptic over email responses.

You never know.
    · Reply · Share
  • hmundenhmunden 6 replies0 threads New Member
    Someone I know just got a likely call from Harvard today.
    · Reply · Share
    @hmunden Was he/she an athlete? or otherwise?
    · Reply · Share
  • hmundenhmunden 6 replies0 threads New Member
    nope just really smart
    · Reply · Share