Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Why does Harvard ask me why how I've learnt about them (i.e. by asking me to name specific alumni)?

2»

Replies to: Why does Harvard ask me why how I've learnt about them (i.e. by asking me to name specific alumni)?

• gibbygibby Registered User Posts: 10,671 Senior Member
    edited March 3
    ^^ I don't think it's an odd question at all. What Harvard really wants to know from it's transfer applicants is what Yale succinctly says on their website: https://admissions.yale.edu/transfer-details
    Transfer candidates should explain in their application essays how studying at Yale (or Harvard in the case of the OP) would give them an educational opportunity particular to their interests that could be experienced nowhere else. A desire to leave one’s current school is not a compelling reason for admission to Yale (or Harvard).

In other words: "Put up or shut up." And IMHO, the OP has not done that from any of his posts.
2»