Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Harvard Interview in Malaysia

getmeintoharvardgetmeintoharvard Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
Has anyone from Malaysia gotten an interview from Harvard for its class of 2023? I'm a Malaysian student who applied RD, and I've heard nothing about Malaysians getting into Harvard this year, in particular.

Replies to: Harvard Interview in Malaysia

• gibbygibby Registered User Posts: 10,671 Senior Member
    As per Harvard's website: https://college.harvard.edu/admissions/application-process/what-we-look/interviews
    If you are located in one of these countries, you are in an area where we have a limited number of interviewers. If the Admissions Committee requires more information about you, you will be contacted by the Admissions Office. If you are not interviewed, it will not adversely affect your candidacy:

Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bermuda, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Philippines, Poland, Peru, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Ukraine, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe

As you live in Malaysia, you (or anyone else from Malaysia) should NOT expect to receive an interview.
  • getmeintoharvardgetmeintoharvard Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2012/04/07/no-malaysian-in-harvard-for-second-consecutive-year/

Don't know if it applies to other countries, but according to the head interviewer, Harvard shortlists its candidates for Malaysia. The word 'adversely' is so misleading omg.
  • harvard2023Mlsharvard2023Mls Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi @getmeintoharvard , I am applying to Harvard from Malaysia too. Yes, Harvard shortlists candidates for Malaysia according to various posts and articles that I read.
  • harvard2023Mlsharvard2023Mls Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    @getmeintoharvard , may i know what are you doing for your pre u? A levels?
  • getmeintoharvardgetmeintoharvard Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm currently doing my Grade 12.
  • daisyduckdaisyduck Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    Heyy guys, I applied from Malaysia too and i did not receive an interview as well :(