right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Harvard Class of 2023 Waitlisted Discussion

Replies to: Harvard Class of 2023 Waitlisted Discussion

• yuhhhhhyuhhhhh 13 replies0 threads New Member
    Yeah it definitely looks like they can do it Tuesday or Wednesday, although I think it’ll be Tuesday
    · Reply · Share
  • GufususGufusus 61 replies3 threads Junior Member
    edited May 2019
    Are we talking rejections only?
    Assuming that 60% of the people on waiting list still in the roaster how many are we talking about?
    edited May 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • theblythebly 97 replies6 threads Junior Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm wondering about that too
    edited May 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • yasyasyasyasyasyas 26 replies0 threads Junior Member
    it'll be next week
    · Reply · Share
  • gibbygibby 10537 replies248 threads Senior Member
    @David5700044 wrote "I'm assuming graduation was the same time last year, so shouldn't there be no effects on decision release?"

Last year's graduation festivities occurred Tuesday 5/22 - 5/24 BEFORE Memorial Day on 5/28. In 2019, the festivities are taking place AFTER Memorial Day.
    · Reply · Share
  • David5700044David5700044 57 replies0 threads Junior Member
    okay, thank you for finding that!
    · Reply · Share
  • StreetLights378StreetLights378 6 replies0 threads New Member
    @gibby what do you suppose that it means to have not heard anything at all yet? i had an on-campus interview and have been in somewhat regular touch with the admissions officer i was working with on account of my work taking me overseas to typically remote areas.
    I've not been waitlisted, or rejected - I've just been assured the process will not conclude until the month of May is over.
    Any thoughts?
    · Reply · Share
  • gibbygibby 10537 replies248 threads Senior Member
    edited May 2019
    @StreetLights378 wrote "I've not been waitlisted, or rejected"

That's very bizarre. As far a I'm aware, EVERY student who does not receive a "fat envelope" either gets a rejection letter or is waitlisted. So your situation is an anomaly or something went wrong. I would double check your portal for anything in writing pertaining to your status. If you can't find anything, I would assume you've been rejected until hearing otherwise.
    edited May 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • StreetLights378StreetLights378 6 replies0 threads New Member
    @gibby
    Yeah, I thought it odd myself. I called admissions about a week ago and heard directly back from an officer who told me “I hadn’t missed anything...” and “that admissions would be releasing decisions throughout the rest of the month of May.”

No matter - won’t be long now anyway. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • stranger447011stranger447011 14 replies0 threads New Member
    Any updates or should we give up?
    · Reply · Share
  • GufususGufusus 61 replies3 threads Junior Member
    edited May 2019
    I called admissions few minutes ago and they told me that the next round of rejections/offers will be this coming friday.
    Also that the proces can go on till July 1.
    edited May 2019
    · Reply · Share
    Damn they really said that
    · Reply · Share
  • RiversiderRiversider 934 replies111 threads Senior Member
    edited May 2019
    I highly recommend moving on and not hanging in limbo for leftovers. Go to the colleges where you are valued. I can bet your other choice is pretty decent, show your dignity by embracing it.
    edited May 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • plsHarvardplsplsHarvardpls 8 replies0 threads New Member
    @Riversider its possible to love your other school and embrace it without giving up on waitlists, I'm not losing dignity or hanging in limbo by still hoping for this.
    · Reply · Share
    So no one heard today right?
    · Reply · Share
    @yasyasyas nothing has changed in my portal - no portal update, no mysterious items missing, no email
    · Reply · Share
    I would give anything to get into Harvard, but if I'm not admitted, at least I can still take classes there :smile:
    · Reply · Share
  • theblythebly 97 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Well we could know today, but if it’s really Friday, then we’ll know Thursday
    · Reply · Share
  • slashermaster1920slashermaster1920 14 replies11 threads Junior Member
    I got waitlisted at Harvard and have accepted a spot at another top 10 school.
    When do we get the final verdict on if we get accepted or not off the waitlist? Yes, I understand that at this point I likely have slim to no chance.
    · Reply · Share
  • harvardprincetonharvardprinceton 27 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Read the above: The AO said the admissions committee will reject/accept waitlisted applicants in waves until July 1st. In previous years, however, the process went until mid-July.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity