Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Harvard Class of 2023 Waitlisted Discussion

Replies to: Harvard Class of 2023 Waitlisted Discussion

• harvardprincetonharvardprinceton Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    Did the admission officer explicitly say that the Harvard class of 23 is full?
  • David5700044David5700044 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    @jcd881 did the admission officer explicitly tell your friend they will not be taking anyone else for C/O 2023?!

For the other peeps, if this verified, what does it mean if Harvard uses its z-list? Will they not take anyone else for class of 2023 and only do 2024?
    Also at @jcd881 was your friend a legacy?
    UPDATES ON MY SURVEY

Responses: 28

Waitlisted: Still on waitlist (64.3%)

Waitlisted: Accepted off the waitlist (0%)

Waitlisted: Turned down waitlist offer (0%)

Waitlisted: Denied/rejected off the waitlist (35.7%)

The population for this survey is the reddit community. Also, factors to consider, is that people who are still in consideration for Harvard are more likely to be active on reddit and thus participate in the survey than those who turned down waitlist offer or were denied/rejected off the waitlist. Also, applicants without access to technology or are unfamiliar with reddit (such as college confidential exclusive members) may not be fairly representative, and I'm sure there are other factors as well that might play a role, so take this survey with a grain of salt.
  • jcd881jcd881 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    edited May 15
    My friend was not a legacy.
    edited May 15
    They did not explicitly state it, but since they’re already using the z-list I would strongly suspect that would be the case.
    I would also like to let you guys know that wherever you all end up going, you are going to do amazing things. I can’t imagine getting as high of scores and GPA’s that you all have achieved, it’s really quite remarkable. I am going to a college with an 80% acceptance rate, so I’m nowhere near the level you all are. If you guys don’t get into Harvard, don’t worry. You can always transfer, apply for grad school there, etc. I’m sure you all will find your way and I wish you the best of luck. :)
  • HarvardPlease123HarvardPlease123 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    the dream is still alive
  • jrug1111jrug1111 Registered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    parent of a z-lister from last year here. My memory from last year is that pretty much everyone heard one way or another, so if you haven't heard anything yet, it is possible it isn't over. My d didn't find out until end of June. I think that last day they let the remaining wait listers know they were not getting in, read the last few pages of last year's waitlist forum. Also, they let Z listers in throughout May as well, not just the last group, so that isn't really an indication they're done.
  • newt44newt44 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey everyone, I just got into the Harvard Class of 2023 off the waitlist yesterday when there was an update to my portal.
  • newt44newt44 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 16
    I haven’t heard of anyone else yet though.
  • theblythebly Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    Has anyone who has gotten a waitlist interview ever gotten rejected?
  • VAResidentVAResident Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Well said @Amarie2023! Similar credentials for my D and got rejected yesterday evening from WL (Engineering major). I am pretty sure all of you will do excellent and then some may apply for MS to Harvard and they will be forced to accept you then, based upon your accolades during your Bachelor's. Good luck all. It was some ride last 6 months!
  • apparently22apparently22 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    Congrats @newt44