right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

When do an International student get an Harvard Interview

VinitShah123VinitShah123 9 replies1 threads New Member
This year I applied to REA to Harvard university and on my application portal it says that in my area interviewer are limited and if admission committee wants more information they will contact me, does this mean I'll never get an interview and is this an early sign that my Harvard application is rejected?
12 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: When do an International student get an Harvard Interview

• skieuropeskieurope 39614 replies7192 threads Super Moderator
    It means you may get an interview or you may not get an interview. If you never get an interview, as an international in a country with limited interviews, then you should assume that your chances of acceptance hover between very slim and none.
    · Reply · Share
  • VinitShah123VinitShah123 9 replies1 threads New Member
    What is the latest possible date that one can hope for an interview? Till what date can I keep my fingers crossed
    · Reply · Share
    And is there any international student from South Asia who got Harvard Interview?
    · Reply · Share
  • TabasomTabasom 6 replies3 threads New Member
    Hi,

I'm from the middle east (no interviewers available in my country) and got an email from my admissions officer today.

On another website, I saw that a Canadian who got an interview, but I guess there are more interviewers in Canada than in the middle east.

I don't know about other applicants from Asia/middle east though.
    · Reply · Share
  • jzducoljzducol 747 replies12 threads Member
    For international applicants interview is always a great sign, since most of the times it is either conducted by an AO who is interested in the applicant or by a contracted agency who is paid to gather this required info for acceptance.
    · Reply · Share
    @jzducol if I don't get an interview till 20-25 should I believe that my application has been rejected?
    · Reply · Share
    @Tabasom on which date did you submit your application?
    · Reply · Share
    I submitted it on Nov 1
    · Reply · Share
    @Tabasom good luck with your Interview, I hope I get it as well.
    · Reply · Share
    Thank you so much! I hope you get it, but on Harvard's website it's been stated that not receiving an interview doesn't affect your chances of admission, so don't worry!

*Also don't forget to check your "spam folder"
    · Reply · Share
    @Tabasom It says it won't adversely affect your application. Actually getting an interview is an early sign that admission committee is considering you for admission. Did you got email in spam folder?
    · Reply · Share
    Actually, I didn't get it in my spam folders but two other students who were contacted for an interview told me that emails were in their spam folder.
    · Reply · Share