right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Chance me for Harvard

frankaltofrankalto 0 replies2 threads New Member
School: Large-Medium Sized Public School
School Curriculum: Participate in an Accelerated STEM Curriculum(Sci-Tech) for which you have to apply and be accepted to in Grade 9
Ethnicity: South Asian

Desired Field of Study: Economics

Academics: 94% Average
Grade 12 Courses: Calculus/ Functions/Data Management/Physics/Computer Science/ International Business/English/International Economics-accounting
SAT- 1520
ACT-35
Sat Subject Tests- Not Taken Yet

Extra Curriculars/Activities:

School-
Chess Club/Model UN(Won a few awards)/Weight Room/Student Athletic Council/Link Crew(Help Grade 9 students with orientation and learn about high school life)

Sports-
Tennis Team/Cross Country/Table Tennis Team

Extra Curriculars-

Royal Canadian Air Cadets(6 Years) - Second Highest rank at Squadron(Flight Sargeant) and teach over 60 cadets every week and manage/lead my own parade flight of 30 cadets.

Social Media Marketing Agency(3 Years)- Own and operate a marketing agency, helping local businesses market their products/services on social media. - Revenue of 7-8K a month

Gaming Tutoring Business(2 years)- Operated a tutoring business to help young children learn how to play competitive video games and improve their skills. *Featured on Canada's national news channel for entrepreneurship and creativity*

City Recreation Volunteer(4 Years)- Assist city staff, in organizing and leading sports/activities for youth around the community

Skate Volunteer(4 Years)- Assist city staff, to teach young children how to skate and play hockey

Habitats for Humanity(2 Years)- Helped build 12 town houses for a local housing community to help 30 families have a home for winter

Hospital Volunteer(2 Years)- Assist doctors and nurses in the Emergency Room

Band-Clarinet Player

Organizing my cities first TedX youth Talk/Conference this year(President/Founder). I have submitted my proposal and have began organizing venue/executive team/sponsors

Over 400 volunteer hours(Hoping to get 500 by the time I apply for UNI)

Summer Activities-

Attended Royal Canadian Air Cadets General Training Course - Learnt about marksmanship, drill, aviation, fitness, and survival

Attended Royal Canadian Air cadets Basic Survival Course - Learned about survival tactics and skills and had to live in the forest with a partner for 5 days, with only 1 meter of rope/2 glow sticks/1 raincoat/ half of a sleeping bag/1 dull swiss army knife- Were provided with MREs a few times

Harvard Secondary School Program- Attended Harvard classes for 7 weeks and stayed at the freshman residence dorms. Courses- Astronomy / Macroeconomics

Financial Aid- Probably will qualify for atleast 60% financial Aid

US Schools Hoping to apply to(All are reaches)-

Duke* Really love the campus*
Yale
Columbia
Princeton
Harvard
UMich Ross Business
Wharton Business(U Penn) * Like their business program for Undergraduates*
0 replies
· Reply · Share