right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Spain? Italy? Hawaii? Where do you want to travel WHILE getting college credit? REGISTER NOW for a virtual College Fair on Sept. 29!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Remote Extracurricular Leadership Opportunity in Politics

chrabneychrabney 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hey there! I'm a current Junior at Harvard on leave for the Fall semester and wanted to pass along an opportunity that I thought many of you might appreciate looking forward to app season! I know how important ECs were in my application process (especially in interviews), and figured that I may have a 'spike' EC for anyone interested in government, politics, or campaigns.

I'm working on the Virginia Democrats Coordinated Campaign in CD5, where Dr. Webb is making a solid push to flip a historically Republican district! We're looking for Campaign Fellows, who would work closely with me to engage, recruit, and lead volunteers in Virginia to elect Democrats and a secure an equitable and inclusive future. The commitment is about 10-15 hours per week, but I would be happy to adjust the work to fit your schedule. It would give you a great opportunity to affect meaningful change in government, provide a standout EC, and I would be happy to provide a letter of rec and mentor you ahead of app season.

Please ask any questions you have about it and let me know if you're interested! I can also answer a few questions about applying to Harvard and other Ivies, my experience at Harvard, or anything else!
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Remote Extracurricular Leadership Opportunity in Politics

• mjg13xxmjg13xx 13 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Hi! I would love to be part of this! Please feel free to contact me with more information.
    · Reply · Share
  • abd1302abd1302 1 replies1 threads New Member
    Hi, I'm interested in this.
    · Reply · Share
  • vadobenspessovadobenspesso 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Hi! I'd be really interested in this! I've already done some organizing work with the Biden campaign this year so I think this could be a good fit. I'd love to get in touch to try and move forward with this opportunity!
    · Reply · Share
    Hi! I'd be really interested in this! I've already done some organizing work with the Biden campaign this year so I think this could be a good fit. I'd love to get in touch to try and move forward with this opportunity!

I have too! What have you been doing?
    · Reply · Share
  • vadobenspessovadobenspesso 2 replies0 threads New Member
    A lot of stuff! I run a state chapter of High Schoolers for Biden which is a student run campaign affiliate. Within that I've done some social media stuff, some organizing etc. I've also spent a lot of time just making calls and talking to people. Yourself?
    · Reply · Share
    edited 11:29AM
    That's awesome! I've mostly been training and mentoring texters as a text mod for the national campaign, as well as sending texts and making calls on my own.
    edited 11:29AM
    · Reply · Share