Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Admissions officer for Transfers

anshumanrulzanshumanrulz Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
edited October 2007 in Harvard University
Whom should I stay in touch with if I am applying as a Transfer? The Harvard site just limits it to a common undergrad admissions email unlike Upenn where you have an admissions counsellor whereby you can maintain a constant contact with the officers and view updates
Post edited by anshumanrulz on

Replies to: Admissions officer for Transfers

• transferapp07transferapp07 Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    harvard is very tight lipped with this info, and it changes from year to year.

last year when i was applying i tried to find out my officer but they would not disclose the info to me.

the only way to find out is if you have some kind of connection, e.g. if you happen to have come from a very prestigious high school that feeds harvard, try asking your hs guidance counselor, its likely that he or she will have a contact or two in admissions who might help you find out who your transfer admissions officer is.
  • chrisiskeychrisiskey Registered User Posts: 186 Junior Member
    E-mail the admissions office if you have a legitimate concern. If not, you really don't need to keep regular correspondence with an admissions officer. I think that's a common misconception. However, I will admit that Harvard does respond favourably in transfer admissions to demonstrated interest *as shown in your application*. The admissions officers want to know why you should be at Harvard, and they want a good, credible academic reason. Visiting the campus and keeping in cahoots with an admissions officer might do little to help you.
This discussion has been closed.