Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

did anyone get in with 1300s?

newstudent88newstudent88 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
edited June 2005 in Harvard University
did anyone get in with 1300s? but good ecs and sat2 scores?
Post edited by newstudent88 on

Replies to: did anyone get in with 1300s?

• Sdma89Sdma89 Registered User Posts: 558 Member
    A student in my english class was admitted to Harvard in April. He received between a 1200-1300 on his SAT. I don't know his SAT 2 Scores; however, he is a very good basketball player. That could have been a plus for him.
  • slicmlic2001slicmlic2001 Registered User Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    his name isnt drew howser, is it? the dude from calabasis high
  • Sdma89Sdma89 Registered User Posts: 558 Member
    No. I'm talking about a different person.
  • newstudent88newstudent88 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    but he was probably a recruited athlete
  • nick04nick04 Registered User Posts: 179 Junior Member
    Ironically, the recruited athelete in my school who was admitted to Harvard along with me got 1600, whereas I got 1390, and a lowish 620 on the SAT II Writing.
  • buzzwickbuzzwick Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    i got in with a 1350, 690 US 680 Math 1C 670 Writing main extracurricular class president 4 years
  • apfreakapfreak Registered User Posts: 1,098 Senior Member
    Buzzwick, you got into HARVARD with a 1350 and a 690 and 670 SATs!! WOW what else did you do!!!?? What else was such a plus!!?

I am a Hispanic, Valedictorian, will complete 14 APs with all As, low 1300/1600 SATs and president of Beta club!! Was it your leadership role that helped!? What did it???
  • AlessandroAlessandro Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    I hope they do... My new SAT score isn't looking so great.
  • mg2687mg2687 Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    Yes; I only got at 1330. Then again, I got a 34 ACT.
  • bball87bball87 - Posts: 2,529 Senior Member
    first of ppl, take everything you see and hear on this site with a grain of salt. First of all, I think a lot of ppl make up thinkgs/fabricate/exaggerate to a certain extent on a lot of things, ie. acceptances, stats, etc. I am not saying everyone is like that but there are definetely some ppl that do in fact evade the truth. There will be ppl that tell you, yeah, I go to school X, but turned A, B, C, when they are just lying out of their ears.
  • EASEAS Registered User Posts: 279 Junior Member
    I am a current Harvard student, and I got a 1370. I had an 800 verbal and a 570 math. I also had 2 perfect SATII scores, which showed that...I just can't do math. So for the "quantitative reasoning" core requirement, I took a stats class and it was fine. Keep in mind that there is no required SAT score to apply...most students score between a 600 to 800 on each section...but if you don't have a 600 in each section don't limit your choices on something arbitrary, because SAT scores are only one part of the total picture which you present to the admissions committee.
  • annandale1annandale1 Registered User Posts: 586 Member
    I got 690 CR, 680 M and 610 Writing. However, I plan to take a prep course over the summer, and then retake my SAT in October.

My scores are ironic because I am DEF a Math person. I was expecting a better score in writing too as I am the New Editor of my school paper (one of the best in the nation).

Well, I just hope I get in. My grades are kinda falling. I have like two Bs this year...but then again, I am doing the IB Diploma, and our grading scale is really high (94+ is an A)
  • ali_liuali_liu Registered User Posts: 387 Member
    >< annandale...u sound so much like me! lol, i got 690 M and i was expecting 800 M and 650 W (expecting at least 750 W)...sigh..ended up w/ 2070 >< wah!
  • CC AdminCC Admin Administrator Posts: 32,428 Senior Member
    I'm going to take the sat test for the first time in october. No prep courses cause i'm vacationing, just self prep. I'm a bit nervous. I have no idea what it's going to be like. I heard the sat was a bit tricky and indirect. I've looked at one of the practice tests, but it didn't seem TOO bad. I don't know, maybe i'm just being dillusional.
  • tawnytawny Registered User Posts: 802 Member
    i see hope for H admission with this thread.
    a small hope. but hope nonetheless...
This discussion has been closed.