Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Tell me my chances for Harvard, actual students

2»

Replies to: Tell me my chances for Harvard, actual students

• coureurcoureur Registered User Posts: 11,386 Senior Member
    >>that's why i also wanted opinions from actual students who go there.<<

Actual students aren't much better at answering your question than the rest of us on CC, because their qualifications on paper aren't much different from many other students who got rejected (see the admissions results threads) And they don't get a vote on the admissions committee. Our opinions and the opinions of other H students aren't worth much. The only opinions that count are those of the adcoms. So it may be comforting to have someone here say "You're in", but it's not worth the electrons it is written with.

BTW, I think you will be a very strong candidate, but I would never be so foolish as to promise you that you are "in".

Good luck with your application.
  • sunglassessunglasses Registered User Posts: 605 Member
    The fact that your brother attended Harvard is helpful, but you are not a legacy, since your parents did not go to Harvard undergraduate.

Think about this while you're filling out your application: Although you are an outstanding student, what sets you apart? Your ECs are pretty run of the mill, so it will be important for you to get across in your application how much you've gotten out of them.

As for the Nader rec, there's no reason not to include it, but I don't think it's going to do a lot for you.

Good luck! Don't stress! Enjoy your senior year!
  • magicmagic Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
    seems good, but trust that there are a bunch of other kids with perfect SATs and a 4.0 gpa. do a bang up job on your essays.
  • man_on_fireman_on_fire - Posts: 327 Junior Member

You seem like the McDonalds type to me.

His stats are obviously fake you guys!!! Geez...
  • filmxoxo17filmxoxo17 Registered User Posts: 2,625 Senior Member
    yeah I have my suspicions now as well. Something stinks of a fake.
  • ronlivsronlivs Registered User Posts: 420 Member
    nah, i don't think he's fake. His stats/ECs arent THAT ridiculous, although they are fantastic. JSA is a national high school organization (Junior Statesment of America) and there are state/national positions kids can campaign for. To be a governor is quite a leadership position, since you're overseeing all the chapters in the state. I don't know about the nader rec...maybe he has connections. But those are his only and main ECs, which is reasonable since they take up ALOT of time. In my opinion, you're extremely qualified for Harvard
  • E1leenyE1leeny Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    good job! ur stats really motivate me!!

=)
  • magicmagic Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
    ron's right.

i go to something similar to JSA. the state elections are huge and really emotional. the losers and winner cry. it's really competitive. campaigning, getting people to like you, it's rough. then the responsibility
  • UserNizzleUserNizzle Registered User Posts: 184 Junior Member
    Haha!!!!!!!!
  • Harvard WannabeeHarvard Wannabee Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    noooo....i didn't lie.
  • lamgeolamgeo Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    You are not going anywhere if you keep visiting CC instead of
    hitting the books.
  • Hyper2400Hyper2400 Registered User Posts: 770 Member
    You are extremely qualified in academics and test scores...but these days admissions are pretty much a crapshoot (Harvard Undergrads I know describe it that way)...but I think you have a great chance

Best of luck :)
  • zephyr151zephyr151 Registered User Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    magic, what is this thing "similar to JSA"? I'm curious.

Don't diss JSA, anyone!
  • LegendoftheWarriorLegendoftheWarrior Registered User Posts: 371 Member
    zephyr151: Maybe magic is talking about his state's Association of Student Council. I am involved with my own state's Association of Student Council, and the elections are REALLY INTENSE.

Am I close, magic? Or no?
2»
This discussion has been closed.