Im going to major in electrical/computer engineering in college. Now I have a choice between UIUC (honor) and Harvey Mudd. I know in general Harvey Mudd is a better school, but UIUC is very famous for its ECE, so I am kinda reluctant to give up UIUC so easily. And Im concerned with the quality of research I can do at Harvey Mudd, given its a small LAC.
Here is some information:
1) I will do ECE.
2) Money is not an issue at either school. But UIUC is 10k cheaper than Harvey Mudd because of its lower tuition, should this fact change anything.
3) The heavier the course load is, the happier I will be. I like studying.
4) I will go to graduate school.
5) Im an international, so the prestige outside the US matters.
6) For now, lets just put aside issues like weather, social life, etc.
Does anyone have any ideas on which school I should choose?? Thanks a lot.