Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
GCmomGCmom Registered User Posts: 493 Member
edited May 2011 in Haverford College
Is there any way of knowing what kinds of scores accepted students generally have on their SAT2 tests?
Post edited by GCmom on

Replies to: Sat2

• Grendle7Grendle7 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Yeah, it's called Naviance. Use it.
  • GCmomGCmom Registered User Posts: 493 Member
    Thx. Not on our naviance. But I'm hoping you aren't a Haverford student.
  • revbon50revbon50 Registered User Posts: 185 Junior Member
    Sorry that Grendle 7 gave you such a nasty reply. Not typical of the HC students I know. Now, my S just graduated so I may be out of date but 4 years ago he had one in the high 600's and one in the mid- 700's. What I have heard is that if one's SAT I is strong that the II's just need to be "good enough." I would think if one is a good candidate overall that scoring in the high 600's is sufficient. Best of luck and again I am so sorry that you posted on this forum in good faith and received such an inappropriate reply and for the record, Naviance does not list SAT II scores.
  • bettyjanebettyjane Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    my son had a 670 and an 800. I just want to echo the abouve post that Haverford students are really nice and helpful and that nasty replies stand out because they are so unusual.
    Thank you both! Glad to know my impression of Haverford students was not off base. Nice students is one of the big reasons Haverford is high on my D's list. Looks like someone has a bit too much time on his hands!!

And good news about the SAT2 scores. She just got hers back and was disappointed with a 690 and 740. But it sounds like that might be ok, and she is planning to retake in the fall, so she might see some improvement.

Thanks again for your responses.
  • FridaKahloFridaKahlo Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    Daughter (incoming freshman) took three: 790, 740, 740. Hope that is helpful. Kids at Haverford seem very nice.
    Thx, fridakahlo. I hope you'll post about how she is doing next year.
  • crestercrester Registered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    Good advice here from all except Grendle7.

What else would you expect from someone who chose the name of the monster/**** from 'Beowulf'.
This discussion has been closed.