Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Dorms at Hendrix

2»

Replies to: Dorms at Hendrix

• TexasmomTexasmom Registered User Posts: 145 Junior Member
    hummmmmmmm, personally I think Hendrix was the most generous of the schools S applied to. You can always call and talk to financial aid office and see if they will give you more...I've known parents who were quite successful at that! ;)
  • maysixxmommaysixxmom Registered User Posts: 697 Member
    Although everyone would certainly enjoy more financial aid, I think the offer D got was very fair. Yes, some have offered more, but they also cost more (nearly $30,000/yr. from Macalester) resulting in a similar cost to us. Then we add on the travel costs. And in some cases an entire winter wardrobe! To me, $18,000 is a lot of money even if it doesn't meet what you need/want.
  • atomomatomom Registered User Posts: 4,524 Senior Member
    Johnny: Governor's distinguished scholarship list will be coming out soon--probably the 2nd week of April. I tried to find a date, and only found an announcement from April 11, I believe, for LAST year's scholars. So I guess it will be around the same time this year. You're pretty much guaranteed to get it if you qualify (test scores, etc.) and you sent in the application by the Feb. 1 deadline--so don't worry!
  • astrifeastrife Registered User Posts: 484 Member
    yeah im shaking in my boots until I get my governor's.... it really is the only thing I've got going... or I'm definitely going to the UofArkansas which would suck so much...
  • swmboswmbo Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    DD in the same boat. Hope to hear soon. I'd be glad to go up to the Department of Higher Education and help them sort applications. I'm relatively certain it would not take a dedicated group of parents 2 1/2 months to figure out the answer to this question. Good luck to all of you who are waiting on word.
  • valuable1212valuable1212 Registered User Posts: 396 Member
    sorry that i have been off CC lately...I have had so much work...I will answer any questions you have about Hendrix since I am at the end of my freshman year here. Thanks
  • maysixxmommaysixxmom Registered User Posts: 697 Member
    Why are you transferring out?
  • valuable1212valuable1212 Registered User Posts: 396 Member
    i have actually decided to stay even after spending 250 dollars on app fees...i was originally going to transfer in order to go into linguisitics (no other reason because i do love it here socially and academically its great) but i figured I have so many leadership positions here (i got offered to be president of my dorm next year), friends, etc. im happy so its not worth leaving. Instead I am taking ancient greek, latin, and spanish and hopefully that will prepare myself for graduate school in spanish/linguistics...
  • theatregrltheatregrl Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'm a senior and I'll be attending Hendrix next year. I'm hoping to live in Galloway. I fell in love with it while I was visiting in the fall. Out of curiosity do any of you know if the rooms have one or two closets?
  • AnagramPandaAnagramPanda Registered User Posts: 738 Member
    I'm fairly certain that all the girls' dorms (including Couch) have two closets, one for each roommate.
2»
This discussion has been closed.