right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

AP tests

liveforitliveforit 150 replies87 threads Junior Member
edited February 2011 in High School Life
Quick and to the point

- this year I am in 5 AP classes. Calc AB, Euro, Statistics, Eng Lit, Physics B
- I have enrolled in a college already (Im a senior)

My Questions:
1. The college I am going to does not accept credits at all for AP Calc AB, only BC. Should I even take the AP test then for Calc AB or is it completely worthless?

- I took 3 AP tests last year and got 4's on them. I need 5's for credit. US Hist, Chem, Eng Lang

Questions:
2. I will probably not take the Chem one again because I forgot much of it, but Should I consider retaking the Eng Lang or US Hist again? Is that a wise choice? or Should I focus solely on the 4 or 5 AP tests I am taking this year?

Thanks in Adv.
edited February 2011
4 replies
Post edited by liveforit on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: AP tests

• MIThopeful16MIThopeful16 7390 replies149 threads Senior Member
    1. Take the AP Test anyway. Or Self-study for BC and tell your school to give you the BC exam.

Regardless, you'll still come in with a preparation better than a lot of people. It's not entirely worthless.

The same applies to the other classes as well. If you want to try to take the exam and get 5's go ahead.

What college specifically?
    · Reply · Share
  • 082349082349 2143 replies85 threads Senior Member
    Are your other AP tests offered credits?
    · Reply · Share
  • liveforitliveforit 150 replies87 threads Junior Member
    yes. just not ab calc. upenn btw
    · Reply · Share
  • nugraddadnugraddad 1325 replies13 threads Senior Member
    I feel your pain on the "5"'s - NU only takes 5's for the most part too...

IMHO... Why take the calcAB AP test if you don't get any credit? Doesn't make sense to me.

re: retakes on last year's... More of a gray area, but I would suggest asking yourself how much time & effort you want to / can put into re-study. Basicaly, what makes you think you can up the grade, when you're not "hot" in the subject?

good luck at Penn.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity