right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

iPhone

goldandblue92goldandblue92 491 replies65 threads Member
edited April 2011 in High School Life
when i graduate in my, my mom said she would get me an iphone as a graduation present (and a bribe to go to a certain university lol). my initial thought was to get the iphone 4, but now the iphone 3gs is only $49. so now my question is what is the difference between the iphone 3gs and iphone 4?
edited April 2011
22 replies
Post edited by goldandblue92 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: iPhone

• toxic93toxic93 2563 replies121 threads Senior Member
    The iPhone 4 has a better screen display, better processor, HD camera with front camera for Facetime, faster, lighter, and longer battery and all around better.

Your better off waiting for the new iPhone coming this year it will have better specs or the white iPhone 4.
    · Reply · Share
  • ASadSnailASadSnail 18 replies2 threads New Member
    It's a million times better and I agree wait for the new one to arrive in around June or July.
    · Reply · Share
  • UVAorBustUVAorBust 2339 replies165 threads Senior Member
    Get neither. The new IPhone comes out in June.... Wait it out.
    · Reply · Share
  • jgraiderjgraider 2802 replies43 threads Senior Member
    There's a big difference between the iPhone 4 and the 3gs. Much larger than between the 3g and the 3gs. But like the others have said, I would wait until they realize the new one in the summer. That way, you can decide if you want to go for the new one, or the iPhone 4 which will probably see a price drop then.
    · Reply · Share
  • goldandblue92goldandblue92 491 replies65 threads Member
    ok thanks! yeah if the price drops on iphone 4 i think i will get that
    · Reply · Share
    Why don't you just get the newer iPhone instead of the 4?
    · Reply · Share
  • BlackbananaBlackbanana 293 replies11 threads Junior Member
    Switch to Sprint and ask for an EVO. iphones are weak sauce.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using CC App
    · Reply · Share
  • jengajenga117jengajenga117 577 replies16 threads Member
    Wait for iPhone 5
    · Reply · Share
  • daretorundaretorun 669 replies18 threads Member
    not to be ******y, but what colllege does she want you to go to? i'm just curious.
    · Reply · Share
  • UVAorBustUVAorBust 2339 replies165 threads Senior Member
    I want to say U of M because of his username. But I am curious as well.
    · Reply · Share
  • SandrockSandrock 209 replies9 threads Junior Member
    Idk if I'd get the new iPhone right when it comes out, they always tend to be a bit glitchy at first.

I have the iPhone 4 & I love it.
    · Reply · Share
    HER username. i am a female lol. but no, its wvu. im getting a good deal of money to go there, ill get to be in the marching band, honors dorms are super nice, pretty good engineering program, and an iphone after graduation lol it all adds up to morgantown bound! and idk i guess id have to see the prices of iphone 4 versus iphone 5, see if its worth it.
    · Reply · Share
    and i didnt choose my user name because of any particular college... its just my high school colors lol
    · Reply · Share
  • ghuskiesghuskies 600 replies4 threads Member
    I love my iPhone 4 but I'd wait for the iPhone 5! Hopefully they have a white option available by then too
    · Reply · Share
  • superghumansuperghuman 246 replies24 threads Junior Member
    I'd wait for the iphone 5 as well. also, while you're at it, make sure you have verizon, otherwise having an iphone will do you no good
    · Reply · Share
    why would it not do me any good unless i had verizon?
    · Reply · Share
  • ghuskiesghuskies 600 replies4 threads Member
    AT&T isn't bad, verizon is better though. (I switched to AT&T myself because the data plans are cheaper and because of rollover minutes)

Choose which network is better in your area. It varies.
    · Reply · Share
  • skittles555skittles555 166 replies69 threads Junior Member
    Get an android phone. Way better than an iphone
    · Reply · Share
    ^You know a few months ago I would've denied that. But I got a T-mobile G2 and I must say, it is the best phone I've ever had. I have the best of both worlds you can say. I have a iPod Touch and its practically like the iPhone 4. And an Android phone.

Just do that OP, since your on At&T get the Atrix, that phone is an iPhone killer. And if you can, get the new iPod Touch. Not only do you have a great phone, you have the iPhone 4 minus the phone with the Touch.
    · Reply · Share
  • aStyleaStyle 877 replies96 threads Member
    AT&T isn't bad, verizon is better though. (I switched to AT&T myself because the data plans are cheaper and because of rollover minutes)

Choose which network is better in your area. It varies.

Agreed, chose whichever network provides the better coverage in your college area. Overall, verizon covers a larger area (as advertised on TV). However, data rates also matters. So it varies.

Personally, I prefer the iPhone 4 because of the enormous App Store. I know that all those new dual core, 4G, tegra 2, superphones outspec the iPhone 4 but the iPhone 4 is still pretty fast (and it has all those goody-goody apps!)
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity