Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is my hair distracting me or is it psychological?

SaugusSaugus Registered User Posts: 3,906 Senior Member
edited February 2011 in High School Life
So, like... My hair is down to the bottom of my neck... And whenever I bend my head down to read it brushes against my neck and bothers me, and I lose concentration...

Is this for real or am I crazy?
Post edited by Saugus on

Replies to: Is my hair distracting me or is it psychological?

• ephenstephenst Registered User Posts: 187 Junior Member
    People who don't really want to study will find anything as a distraction. I think youre just looking for something to make your not want to study.
  • VirologyNerdVirologyNerd Registered User Posts: 540 Member
    I have the same problem haha. I thought it was just me too!

But no really, my hair is just at that awkward length touching my shoulders so when I'm trying to read a textbook/study it itches me. It's so annoying. My hair has always annoyed me like this because when I was little and in Chorus, I had to keep it tied back. So now when I leave it down when I'm doing anything (not just hw), it distracts me.

But if you tie up your hair into a bun or something, it might help. That's what I do.
  • SaugusSaugus Registered User Posts: 3,906 Senior Member
    ^
    Do you psych yourself into making your neck feel stiff?
  • VirologyNerdVirologyNerd Registered User Posts: 540 Member
    No, I don't think so...maybe I do it sub-consciously haha. But sometimes my hair annoys me so much when I'm reading that I put my neck in a bent position so my hair doesn't get in my way as much. Then, my neck REALLY gets stiff.
  • meadow36meadow36 Registered User Posts: 5,620 Senior Member
    I think it's pretty normal? i.e. My hair tickles my face a lot, which can get rather distracting.
  • fastfoxfastfox Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    Hahahaha

Sent from my DROIDX using CC App
This discussion has been closed.