Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Moving during summer after sophomore year

pursuitofpursuitof Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
edited February 2011 in High School Life
I'll be moving to Lincoln, NE from Athens, GA this summer. (Class of 2013)

I contacted the school that I'll be moving to and received the list of courses they offer and their school's graduation requirements. I'll be flying over there for a couple of days during spring break (which starts on March 14th and lasts a week) to get more specific information and give them my transcript to see how my credits transfer.

It seems, from the graduation requirements, that I'll be needing to take four extra required classes, and my plans of taking AP Chemistry would be replaced with Earth Science (which I dread).

I'm an eager student with big hopes (Yale/Columbia hoping), and even setting that aside, I sincerely enjoy taking AP classes and challenging courses in general. I had my whole junior and senior year schedule tightly planned, but it seems that I'll be needing to sacrifice some AP courses to take tedious classes such as Technology. What should I do? How should I manage the AP classes? Should I self-study them (I took AP World in freshman year, am taking AP US this year and self-studying AP Bio and AP Psych), or is there an alternative? I've also applied for dual enrollment, so if I get in how would I fit it in my schedule, or could I take it after school?

P.S. Honestly, I don't really know what I'm asking here, but I've been freaking out the whole day.

Thank you SO, SO MUCH in advance.
Post edited by pursuitof on

Replies to: Moving during summer after sophomore year

This discussion has been closed.