Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
logicx24logicx24 Registered User Posts: 679 Member
edited September 2012 in High School Life
I think I've found my true love. It's Vexare.

Here are a few of his songs that I enjoyed the most:

Lanterns (Vexare ft. Sarah Howells)
HD Dubstep | Vexare and Sarah Howells - Lanterns - YouTube

Clockmaker (Vexare)
Vexare - The Clockmaker - YouTube

What I love most about his music is it's intrinsic serenity. I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy music that forces me to be introspective and self-analytical. I enjoy reconsidering my perspectives and viewpoints, and Vexare makes me do that every time. Many consider him dubstep, but honestly he's not. His music is much smoother and more fluid than dubstep, and I really love listening to it. You guys should def. check him out!

And of course, if you guys have any artists of your own that you love, feel free to post down below. Doesn't matter what genre, I'm open to anything. I'd love to see what my fellow try-hards listen to! :)

*DISCLAIMER* This is not a promotion post. I'm just sharing an opinion.
Post edited by logicx24 on

Replies to: Music?

• CE527MCE527M Registered User Posts: 4,989 Senior Member
    Yeah, that`s not half-bad.

I listen to a wide variety of songs, pretty much everything except classical...AC/DC, Aerosmith (My dad`s favorite bands...just grew up listening to it) and also really like Train and The Fray.
  • logicx24logicx24 Registered User Posts: 679 Member
    ^^I love the Fray. Their songs are so heartfelt, and I feel a lot like I can relate to them. Train is pretty good, from what I've heard (which are only their mainstream songs). Aerosmith is really good, one of my favorites in terms of classic rock.

I personally also love the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Oasis. Probably two of my favorite bands there.
  • JosiahAdJosiahAd Registered User Posts: 316 Junior Member
    The Who
    Duran Duran
    The Beatles

And many more...:):):)
  • HoopsJ21HoopsJ21 Registered User Posts: 46 New Member
    Nas
    Kendrick Lamar
    Drake
    Two Door Cinema Club
  • FastNeutrinoFastNeutrino Registered User Posts: 831 Member
    Hm, well, I'm a fan of jazz, and I've been listening to a lot of Wayne Shorter recently. Dave Holland is always good too.
    I also like metal; only bands/people that do something interesting with it though. For example, Devin Townsend is a goddamn mastermind. Between the Buried and Me is a really good heavy prog metal band. Scale the Summit is a great instrumental band that is good at mixing in jazz with metal influences (they love them some 9th chords). Protest the Hero is a band where everyone is amazing at their instrument; even the singer.
    Some selections that I highly recommend:
    Scale the Summit - Black Hills - YouTube
    Between the Buried and Me - Selkies: the Endless Obsession - YouTube
    Devin Townsend ~ Numbered - YouTube
    Dave Holland 5tet - Metamorphos [1999] - YouTube
    Sorry for a lot of links and stuff, I could just talk about music for hours.
  • KaerozeKaeroze Registered User Posts: 301 Member
    Apparently I have a super and varied taste in music but I'll try

Old jazz(LOVE IT!)
    RED
    Ellie Goulding
    Ed Sheeran
    Anu'na
    Enya
    Debussy(Classic)
    Film scores
    Two Steps From Hell
    Rock music with orchestral backgrounds