Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Siemens competition

bleach340bleach340 Registered User Posts: 372 Member
edited September 2012 in High School Life
Just submitted my siemens paper. I think I'm going to punch a baby if I don't get semifinalist because I spent a year on the research and pulled two all nighters for the paper. Did any of y'all do it? How do you feel about it?
Post edited by bleach340 on

Replies to: Siemens competition

• MutaRiSCMutaRiSC Registered User Posts: 1,248 Senior Member
    But babies are cute! Why?!?!?!?
  • Dkline39Dkline39 Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    I haven't done it but I've begun to think about trying it. Is it worth the work? How do you find a mentor/who are the mentors?
  • bleach340bleach340 Registered User Posts: 372 Member
    Haha muta RISC it's just a way of saying I'd be pretty mad...I'm not actually going to punch one. The competition itself isn't a whole lot; you're just writing a research paper. But you have to do some good research. There are threads here telling you how to find a good mentor. Try doing a search for how to get internship or do research on here. But essentially you want to just email a bunch of professors.
  • AngelOfSpeedAngelOfSpeed Registered User Posts: 337 Member
    Hey Bleach(: Yeah, I just submitted mine a bit earlier today also. Really happy to get it done - took a lot of work (1 year research + I had to cut down like half of my paper to fit the 18-page limit >.<).

Hope it pays off for us both(:
This discussion has been closed.